You can’t help but be intrigued—seeing delegates wandering around in headsets and thick googles. Or what about those crowds that gather to play interactive games with computer-generated models? It’s the kind of technology that gets the most attention at trade shows and exhibitions these days. And it’s all part of the modern exhibit user experience.
These days, you need dynamic and innovative activities to stay ahead of the competition. Remember—you only have a few seconds to pique someone’s interest. Technology that uses virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) can entice and attract delegates to your booth—providing a valuable sales touchpoint. And you’ll be the talk of the trade show.
What is it?
An interactive computer-generated experience taking place within a simulated environment.
- Exploration & Education: take visitors inside the human body/organ to see how a product works; can be an effective training tool
- Way to Qualify Leads: transport users to a different location such as an operating room to see a medical device in action. Technology could potentially save thousands of dollars on travel expenses and could also be used as a qualification step in the funnel process.
VR is extremely popular, and many people are intrigued by the idea of throwing on a pair of goggles and being transported to another world. VR provides the opportunity to perform hands on procedures in a controlled environment. Keep in mind, though, that VR is an individual experience and it’s less social than group activities.
What is it?
A direct view of our physical real-world environment, with superimposed digital information (videos, graphics, sounds)—and everything happening in real time.
- Learning Experience: allow users to pick and choose educational content
- Interact with 3D virtual models
- Gamification: professional challenge-based engagement that pits delegates against each other
AR is one of the newest things on the market, and provides a substantial ‘wow’ factor. AR can be used on an iPad or a large screen. It’s a highly interactive tool that can be loaded with valuable content that both educates and supports your brand. The big takeaway is engagement. Users are dialed in to the activity, and passing traffic is tempted to join in on the fun.
High-tech toys are sure to impress, but these exhibition activities must also reinforce your brand. There’s a lot that goes into creating an immersive experience that entertains but also connects with delegates. That’s where we come in. At Tamooz, we know how important it is to deliver bold and emotionally resonant concepts that garner the kind of attention you are looking for. We’d like the opportunity to tell you more.